Monday, August 24, 2009

hey dumbass: when you haven't run in a month and a half, running in the heat of the day is idiotic

Granted, I have not run since July 6th, but I have been walking in the evenings for much of July and some of August. Now, it's time for marathon training to kick into gear again. And so, I run.

Since I have to be to work at 7a, it's really hard for me to get up early and get my morning run in. Hopefully, since I ran in the heat of the day today, that'll motivate me to get up in the morning. It was too farookin hot to be running this afternoon. And it won't be much cooler in the evening.



I was only required to do thirty minutes today. Obviously, that's all I did. I might have done a full route around the lake had it not been August in Florida. God it was hot.

Details in minutes:
0-1: walk
1-3: run
3-4: walk
4-6: run
6-7: walk
7-9: run

Then, my 1:2 ratio completely fell apart. Compounding my problem: since I only had to do thirty minutes, I ran without water. Moron. Never again. I require water.

No comments: