Tuesday, August 25, 2009

630p: slightly cooler, but still too hot

Dear Self:
Why don't you get out of bed in the morning, when you prefer to run? You'll adjust to getting up a little earlier. And it'll be so worth it to not have to run in the evening, when it's too bloody hot and all your neighbors are out staring at your fat ass as you pretend to be a runner.

K thx bai.



Recap by minute:
0-1: walk
1-3: run
3-4: walk
4-6: run
6-7: walk
7-9: run

Then, my 1:2 morphed into a steady 1:1 ratio, until minute 22, when I ran for 30 seconds and followed it up with 90 seconds of walking before settling back into a roughly 1:1 ratio again.

I stayed inside my neighborhood because the sky was ominous; I didn't want to be far from home in case of lightening. Lightening is not my friend. The storm front gave a merciful breeze, but it was still too hot.

I'm pretty pleased that my overall pace today was 14'38" since yesterday's was 15'24". I like to see dramatic improvement! I'll like it even more when my overall pace is in the 13' category.

No comments: