Monday, May 4, 2009

surprising

(Disclaimer: the graph Nike+ is showing me on their site looks nothing at all like the graph it puts over here when I grab the code. This graph is completely inconsistent. The other is very straight. I wonder which I should believe?)

I am rather shocked at how consistent this morning's run ended up being:



It certainly didn't feel that consistent. My first two minutes, of course, were walked. Then, I ran three, walked one, ran three, walked one, before settling into a run two walk one pace for two miles. Of course I was aiming for that elusive 38 minute 5K and, of course, didn't come close to it. One of these days I will surprise myself, I will! As mile 3 approached, though (and my time reflects this), I struggled to maintain even a one to one ratio. It was beastly hot already, at only 830a. Ugh, it's miserable in Florida in the summer (and it's not even summer!).

I went a slightly different route to see if it made a mileage difference, and it did. It added not quite .2 mile onto the route. I wanted to add additional mileage onto it, but am curious to see what each addition actually adds, so I'll be adding one addition per run. I need to get this loop back up to five miles, especially if I'm planning to re-join TNT in August to train for the Disney marathon again, which I am planning to do.

I may have to start researching shoes. The bottoms of my feet have been hurting. It could just be a lacing issue, though, so I'll play around with that. Also, it could just be my body complaining because it would rather go back to bed in the mornings!

No comments: