Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Product Review: Clif Builder's Bars

During my marathon training, I posted some product reviews of various types of fuel over on my main blog. My reviews included Power Bar Gels and Luna Gels and Sports Beans and PowerBar Gels (two flavors). I think I also wrote about sports drinks, but I'm not going to search for those links (I like G2 or Powerade).

Anyway, I tried another product today that I love: Clif Builder's Bar, Peanut Butter flavor.

The bar appears to be small*, but actually takes several bites and several minutes to consume. It tastes almost like a candy bar. Hooray! It's chocolate covered and is granola-like consistency inside. It's delicious. Not something I'd crave if I were craving, say, a Peanut Butter Twix or something similar, but wonderful for a pre-run snack. Wash it down with a little water or G2, and you're good to go.

Good, crispy consistency. Great taste. A great bar. I highly recommend it.

*upon reviewing the Clif site, I think the bars I have are sample size, as the calorie count on the bar I consumed this morning is half of what is listed for that flavor on their site. This would make sense because I received these as samples at the expo before my marathon.

No comments: