Tuesday, May 5, 2009

just a quick stress relieving run

I was very angry and upset this morning. Instead of comforting myself with food, I laced up and pounded out a couple miles. This is tremendous progress for me, because wouldn't comfort food have been so much easier and tastier? I'm proud of myself for running out my aggression instead of eating.

I was planning to run a short run anyway, but I had to take care of some financial stuff first, which took far too long (and lead to my rage), and made it too late in the day to want to go run. If you're unfamiliar with Orlando in May, it is bloody hot out there. Even at 9am. Too hot for running. But, I went out at around 850a. Because of the heat, however, I only did a short run.



Details then: walked 2, ran 3, walked 1, ran 3, and then settled into a 1:1 ratio. I kept a consistent pace, as you can see, until my cell phone rang. It was an important call, and I had stepped wrong on my left ankle, so I was happy to walk for several minutes for the phone call and ankle hiatus.

All in all, I'm pleased with today's run. In the miserable heat.

No comments: