Friday, March 20, 2009

what an inconsistent run that was

Ugh. I tried so hard this morning, but I could not keep up a decent walking pace. I did really good maintaining a one to one ratio (walk one minute, run one minute). There was only one point where I was too lost in my thoughts to realize it was time to run, and that made a two minute walk, but that only happened once. The problem today was my walking pace; I could not get faster than a 17 minute mile. And, it killed my overall pace.

Distance: 4.83mi
Duration: 1:09'06"
Pace: 14'17"/mi
Calories: 801

Now, look at this run:


Holy crap! While I thought I was doing a really consistent run, in that I kept my 1:1 ratio, it turns out my run was all over the place. Super suck.

I can take comfort, I guess, in knowing I at least got out there, and I feel pretty good after the run.

But, the truth is, I'm really bummed now that I can see just how inconsistent this run was. I'm better than that. Or I was. Shame on me for not being at the same level I was at just two short months ago. Hey dumbass: get out there more than once a week!

I have completed 68 workouts for a total of 377.27mi. My average pace is 14'30" per mi.

No comments: