Monday, April 20, 2009

after 4 weeks of excuses, I hit the pavement this morning

I told myself it was a two lap minimum, which can be stretched to two miles. I think two miles is the minimum I should allow myself to complete. But, getting up at 510a and running in the dark means I don't leave the neighborhood, for safety. My run was really slow, but that's okay; I have not run in four weeks.
Here the run:



I actually had a good strategy. I always walk the first two minutes to warm up. Then, I ran three walked one for the first lap. During the second lap, I sometimes walked two, and sometimes ran two. I took many peoples' advice and slowed my run down. I can jog an 11 minute mile, but I kept it at a 13 minute mile today. I was looking for duration, not speed. I have not set my ratio at a 3:1 before. I'd like to get my ratio higher than that before the fall. And, my current goal is to be able to run more than a mile without having to walk. I'm pretty sure I could do that right now, but I have not pushed myself beyond .6 of running. So, I think my real goal is to run two miles without having to walk. That seems like a good goal.

1 comment:

arcanai said...

great job! and a very reasonable goal.