Saturday, March 7, 2009

good gravy, it's hot out there

My neighbor asked if I wanted to go for a run this morning at around 10a. In my world, 10a is far too late in the day to begin a run, but I'm anxious to have a running buddy, especially when running at home, where I have that creepy guy on my radar. Militaryman wanted to know the route I run, since the route around the lake is not obvious until you've gone on that route. I warned him in advance that I was slow, but I was slower than normal trying to run in the heat.

Yes, yes, I realize 10a today is still cooler than any time of the day in July or August, but I am a Northern girl, and I feel the heat. Around mile 1.5, NeighborBoy looked at me and commented about how red my face is. That's because it's hot!

Enough making excuses for my ridiculously slow "run," here's the details:

Distance: 4.14 mi
Duration: 1:05'44"
Pace: 15'50" /mi
Calories: 687

Ugh. What a slow pace. That kills my overall average.


Still, getting out and moving my body for an hour is much better than sitting my happy ass down on the couch and watching inane television. Also, I promised a friend I would do a 5K today to support her as she completes a 5K to help fight colon cancer in her town. Mission accomplished.

I have completed 66 workouts for a total of 367.62 miles. My average pace is 14'30" per mile.

No comments: