Wednesday, March 4, 2009

one mile at a time

I re-calibrated my Nike+iPod doohickey this morning. I walked for .3 and then ran for .3. Frankly, I was worried about running for .3 because while that doesn't sound like a long distance, it kind of is. But, a couple weeks ago, I ran .6 without walking, so I knew I could do it. Anyway, my iPod is now re-calibrated. And, of course, that .6 did not count in my run this morning.

To be fair, though, I didn't really go very far. I was disinclined to leave my neighborhood, and only did one lap. I haven't downloaded it yet, but here are the details of this run.

Distance: 1.00 mi
Duration: 15'00"
Pace: 14'55" min/mi
Calories: 166

I also lowered my weight by 10 pounds on my iPod, because I am at least 10 pounds lighter than I was whenever I entered that weight. I'm sure weight plays a role in however the iPod figures calories burned.

Like I said, it was a very short run, only a total of 1.6 miles when you add in the calibration.

So, let's analyze my problem, I've had an unusual rash type skin affliction in a very personal area. For a week and a half I have been applying a salve trying to heal this affliction. The problem: my underwear rubs directly on the area. I keep trying different styles of underwear hoping it will avoid aggravating the area, but nothing has worked yet. Husband has suggested I go commando. I will likely do that once it is no longer tuesday.

Anyway, I don't generally chafe while running, but with this very personal, irritating affliction, I chafed and chafed and chafed on this run. So, a mile of chafing was all I was willing to commit to. Because I promise you, this skin irritation hurts like crazy, and trying to run was so not fun for that particular area of my body.

Thus the short run. Pity, too, because it's gorgeous weather for a run.

I'm off to shower, and apply more salve to my poor afflicted skin.

Updated to add the graph:

No comments: