Thursday, June 12, 2008

ugh tonight sucked

Honestly. I have so little confidence in myself right now. It was a brutal run. And I'm feeling really discouraged, like setting the goal of that 13K in October is absolutely impossible. I know I'm probably just being totally unrealistic with my expectations of what I should be able to accomplish, but I'm discouraged and disgusted with myself.

That being said, I ran more tonight than I did last night. But when I walked, my pace was much slower than last night's walking pace. In fact, I had a really, really hard time keeping my pace above a 15 minute mile. Yet even as I tried to coax more oomph out of myself, I just couldn't do it. I'm tired.

Tomorrow, I get the night off. And probably Saturday night, too. But I'm back on for Sunday. Whether I like it or not. And maybe my body will be rested for Sunday's run.

Distance: 2.46 miles
Time: 33'02"
Average: 13'25" per mile

I have completed 13 runs for a total of 27.01 miles. My average pace is 12'49" per mile.

I just have to keep telling myself that I really want to do the 13K and that I can do it.

Meanwhile, the Nike+ website is really cool. Back on May 15th, I set a goal for myself on the site to run six miles in four weeks. I achieved that goal tonight! Go me! Hell, I achieved that goal this week, so clearly I should have set the goal higher. It gave me a gold medal for my efforts. I'm all about the imaginary gold medal!

I have it set up to help me train for the 13K. I'm currently 4 miles behind where the training says I should be. That does not help the belief in myself at all. Maybe I don't get tomorrow night off after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're doing great! you can't judge your overall training by the first few days. of course there's going to be days that are harder than others. i am personally highly impressed with your progress.

wRitErsbLock said...

I've started including the cul-de-sacs in my "runs". Last night I did two and a half circuits of the hood. The night before was only two, and I think only one of those included the cul-de-sacs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up. I just feel so overwhelmed with the goal I set for myself.

On the whole, though, I'm really proud of myself. I took my measurements so I can track if there is any downward movement there. But weight-loss is not my goal. Not finishing last is my goal!

Anonymous said...

i've been too ashamed to take measurements. i can tell that i'm bigger than i've ever been and the numbers would just throw me into despondency. i'm actually very upset that i'm feeling so badly again today and can't go to the gym.

AmandaDufau said...

You can do it!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing more than I am now, which is absolutely nothing!
I really want to join you for the 13K. Let's see if I can catch up on the training...