Wednesday, June 11, 2008

random encouragement!

On my first lap of my pathetic attempt at a run tonight, a neighbor I have not yet met was in his convertible BMW waiting for his garage door to open as I walked in front of his vehicle. He said to me, "you're doing great! Keep up the good work!" I said, "thank you!" And it about made my night! Random encouragement is awesome!

I was out there much, much earlier than I like. It was still very much day light and ridiculously hot outside. As such, after my second lap of the neighborhood, I was just too wiped out to do a third lap. I hit two miles and called it done. I had to get out early, though, because tonight is poker night, and if I don't "run" before poker night, I won't run at all as it'll be far too late at night to go run. So, here it is:

Distance: 2.07 miles
Time: 27'21"
Average: 13'12" per mile

I have completed 12 runs for a total of 24.55 miles. My average pace is 12'45" per mile.

Considering I hardly ran at all tonight (combination of the bloody heat and my body being tired still from last night's "run"), I think that I kept a pretty respectable pace.

I'll take Fridays off. But that's the only real scheduling decision I have made so far about this. I am going to do no less than 2 miles per "run". And in two weeks, I'll hopefully be able to up that number.

I "ran" two nights in a row! Go me!

No comments: