Tuesday, September 8, 2009

in which I give up and call for help

I'm on vacation. I have to train. Saturday night, I participated in a midnight 5K race. It was awful. I seem to have/be developing an injury in my left leg. During my race, my left leg started screaming 6 minutes into it, and screamed the rest of the race. It sucked.

With much apprehension, I strapped on my shoes this morning and hit the road. It's a mile up the road to a nice shopping plaza. I planned to go there, run around the plaza, and come home. I was shooting for three miles, which should have taken me about 45 minutes.



This morning, I felt pretty okay for the first mile. But boy, once my leg started screaming after that first mile, it screamed loud and long. And so I walked. Slowly. Very slowly. And limped. And... called my husband to have him get out of bed and come retrieve me.

Crappy ass run.

We came back to the condo we're staying at on the beach and changed into swimwear. We then walked that mile back up to the same intersection I had run to, only on sand. It worked my leg muscles differently than walking on hard surfaces does. And, my left leg continues to hurt. Only now my right ankle, my weaker ankle, the one I had issues with all last year, started hollering too.

My fucking body is betraying me, and it's only September.

No comments: